Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cupcakes

So, cake attempt #3 actually turned out to be cupcakes. Needless to say, they baked just fine. I have yet to screw up a batch of cupcakes, though I am not saying it won't happen! It felt so plain to just have cupcakes, so I decided to fill them. Yes, that is my favorite raspberry filling. Filling cupcakes was so much easier than I had anticipated, and actually pretty fun!
We focused on piping at class, that is, using the smallest round-holed tips to "draw" on your cake. I had a blast. This was by far my favorite technique because it leaves you so much creativity. You can literally put anything on your cupcake simply by piping. The clown was piped with a star tip. I was looking at him in the book and dreading about how ugly I thought he was, but I actually kind of like him!The skeleton and little Mickeys are my favorite cupcakes. I just thought they turned out cute. Can anyone see lots of scary bones cupcakes in their Halloween future??

No comments: